9 Benefits And Uses Of Aloe Vera In Day To Day Life
Aloe Vera has some amazing benefits up its sleeves, and there is a reason why it is called “Wonder Plant.” Aloe Vera has over 500 flowering plant with a concentrated hard juice inside the plant. At this point, almost everyone knows that using Aloe Vera can be good for skin and it has basically everything thing you need to improve your skin quality.
Aloe Vera has much more benefits than just curing skin quality, and in this article, we are going to talk about all the benefits that you get by using Aloe Vera. But before we get into the benefits of Aloe Vera, let’s talk about Aloe Vera.
What is Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a subject of study for lots of medical institutions. It has been used for centuries, and it is cultivated worldwide mainly because of the Aloe gel that contains inside of the leaf. The Aloe gel has most of the benefits that it gives.
Aloe Vera is used in many things such as cosmetics, food, food supplements, and herbal remedies. FDA has approved the use of Aloe Gel in food for flavouring and for a medical beneficial purpose.
From the records, it is said that Aloe Vera was first used by Egyptian medical experts in the 16th century. So it is a fact that centuries of research and implementation of Aloe Vera has made this plant “plant of immortal” as phrased by Egyptian. The therapeutic benefits that it provides have been recognized by many countries like China, India, Greece, Mexico, and Japan.
What are the benefits of using Aloe Vera?
The benefits that Aloe Vera seems endless. This plant can cure so many issues that you have, and some are even unbelievable. So this article is all about the truth. The benefits that we have compiled up for Aloe Vera are well researched and has to prove. These benefits that will read in this article are backed by science and facts.
The most common benefit that you hear all the time which is the ability to cure skin injuries and while it is true, there are many other benefits which we are going to unfold today in this article. So keep reading this article till the end.
Benefits of Aloe Vera:
1. Fighting Cavity – Believe it or not, the gel inside the leaf of aloe vera has much more potential of fighting the cavity as compared to some commercial toothpaste in the market. A study published in dentistry shows that the results Aloe Vera shows with their fighting ability of cavity were similar to the commercial toothpaste and in some cases, the Aloe Vera was better. This is because of the anthraquinones which are present inside the gel, and it can control the oral bacteria which can cause a cavity.
2. Constipation –Aloe Vera can also treat your problem with constipation. Regular dosage of 50-200 milligrams of aloe latex can bring significant improvement in your health. Aloe Latex is commonly found in the form of capsule especially for the treatment of constipation; you can take it for up to 10 days which is the ideal amount of days till you will see improvement.
However, there is not brief research and evidence regarding this topic from a popular institution. But it certainly works well with constipated patients. You will definitely get relieved with the capsules containing Aloe Latex.
3. Diabetes Induced Foot ulcers –The Aloe Vera and carpobol 974p (1 percent) are very helpful for treating wounds, especially diabetes Induced foot ulcers. The effect that these two compounds show as studied by Sinhgad College pharmacy in India has more effective results than other commercial products sold in the market.
4. Antioxidants and Antimicrobial property – There is no doubt that Aloe Vera has antioxidant properties to fight off bacteria and inflammable diseases. So whenever you get a cut, you can use an Aloe vera gel to prevent infection and the cut from getting worse. This is simply because of the antioxidant and Antimicrobial property that Aloe Vera acquires.
The study shows that the substance present in Aloe Vera has anti mycoplasmic which can destroy mycoplasma. Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria which has no cell walls, and common antibiotics cannot fight it, but the extract used in Aloe Vera and methanol can destroy mycoplasmic.
5. Protection from UV rays –Ultraviolet rays are very destructive to our skin and can cause major skin issues like skin burn and skin cancer. There are some places on earth where the probability of getting too ultraviolet rays to our skin and the result can be devastating.
Whether you are living in Australia or somewhere else. You should always take measures to protect your skin from the sun. Aloe Vera is a great substance which can protect you from the sun. It even protects your skin from unwanted ultraviolet rays.
6. Protection from skin damage after radiation therapy –A study conducted in university in Italy stated that the tropical containing Aloe had much significant improvement on a patient with breast cancer after radiation therapy.
There were 100 patients with 5 groups contains 20 members in each group. The groups were given a different type of topical creams to use for a whole month. The patients have to come for assessment after 6 weeks of usage.
The reports say that every tropical used in this study is perfectly effective and help with the protection of skin damage after radiation therapy.
7. Possible can help you with depression and sharp memory – this benefit is really hard to believe, and yes it is. It is not completely valid as we have put “possibly,” reason being the results are not shown on human but in mice.
A university did research in mice and was given Aloe. The mice get significant mentality health and had a memory improvement.
This still needs a lot of studies until we can fully claim this benefit.
8. Wounds from a second degree burn –Aloe Vera can heal burns quicker than sulphadiazine. This was tested by a team of plastic surgeons in Pakistan medical association. The patients who also had vera on Their second-degree burn had healed their bruises and burns much quicker than the burns where sulphadiazine was used.
The university added that the patients who had Aloe Vera had much more relief during and after the process.
9. Irritable Bowel Syndrome –A research held in St George Hospital, London, United Kingdom had a group of people who were given either Aloe Vera or placebo. The patients who had Aloe Vera has no symptoms of diarrhoea after 3 months.
However, the research team stated that the evidence is still unclear, but there is a possibility that Aloe Vera can Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Many medical institutions and authorities around the world tell that more research and evidence is needed to fully believe in the benefits of Aloe Vera and it’s related extracts. More research is needed in some cases, but that does not mean that the benefits that we have listed in this article are not true.
The research was initiated, and there is a significant amount of minimal evidence to back up the points that we have given here. So there you go, these are some of the amazing benefits of Aloe Vera.