Acnes are a common issue for a skin condition, but they can be hard to deal with. This skin condition occurs in everyone’s life at some point, and while some people deal with it properly or able to have an expensive treatment to get rid of acne, the rest makes the acne condition while trying to remove it.
We are going to tell you the best way to deal with Acne, and no it is not a medical treatment with expensive charges. These treatments can cause side effects later like redness and dryness. The one we are going to talk about is the home remedies for acne as they are effective and practical for everyone. There is no need for expensive tools or treatment. You will only need a few things which can be found in every household.
Are you looking for home remedies to get rid of your acne? Then keep reading this article till the end because these home remedies are amazing and will work on more than 90% of people who will try it.
We have compiled up 10 home remedies which are super effective for any skin type. But before we get into the remedies, it is important to know what causes acne.
How does acne occur?
The sebaceous glands under the surface of your skin produce oil to keep moisturizing your skin. The glands supply the oil through your skin pores during puberty, the production of oil, is much more than normal.
The skin pores on the underhand can clog the oil by the dust particles that you face throughout the day. This results in the accumulation of oil and dust in your skin pores and forms acne. They can be painful if they are big and red.
The oil produces by sebaceous glands is known as sebum, and if they get clogged under the skin, they can form bacteria which can create other skin issues like redness which can be painful.
Regardless of whatever type of acne you are facing, you can try our amazing home remedies for acne. These remedies are not necessarily applicable only when the acne occurs, you can also follow the remedies in order to avoid getting acne in the first place.
Top 10 Home Remedies for Acne
1. Apple Cider Vinegar –Vinegars are known for their properties of fighting and killing bacteria and viruses. Apple Cider Vinegar is no exception, and it can help you avoid getting acne by killing bacteria and viruses on the surface of your skin.
2. Zinc Supplement–Zinc is an important component when it comes to cell growth, improving metabolism and maintaining the immune system. This highly researched substance is available in supplements and people who are having a hard time dealing with their acne can consume 30-45 mg per day for effective results. Studies show that taking acne orally can be very beneficial for acne.
3. Honey and Cinnamon Mask –Honey and Cinnamon are great antioxidant components and antioxidants can be very effective when it comes to reducing acne. Applying directly to the affected areas is the most effective way of using Honey and cinnamon for treating acne. The antibacterial properties present in this antioxidant can reduce acne in just a few days. Take 2 tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of cinnamon and make a mixture. Apply the mask on your face with your clean hands and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Cleanse it with mild water.
4. Spot treat with tree tea oil – Tea tree oil is extracted from melaleuca alternifolia. This extract is a great acne fighting compound when used the right way. Tea tree oil extract can fight bacteria, reduce skin inflammation and reduce skin acne. This extract is more effective when it is used for a long period of time. This result in more permanent result with smooth and acne free skin.
5. Green Tea – The remedy is not to drink green tea ( it is also helpful for healthy skin) but to apply it on your skin. Studies show that green tea is high in antioxidants properties and having it applied to the skin has made a significant improvement. The most effective way of using green tea for acne treatment is by boiling it for 5 minutes and let it cool enough to be bearable by your skin. Now make cotton balls and dip it on green tea. Apply it on your skin softly and leave it till it dries up. After that cleanse it with water.
6. Witch Hazel – Applying witch Hazel as a mask is another home remedy for acne treatment. Witch Hazel has tannins which have highly concentrated antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used in other skin conditions like eczema, dandruff, and bruises, etc. because of it’s anti-inflammatory properties. There is no specific way of using Witch Hazel in order to reduce acne but applying it on the skin can help you improve your skin quality as witch hazel can fight bacteria and heal your skin.
7. Moisturize with Aloe Vera – We all know how good is Aloe Vera when it comes to improving skin. It is highly used in soaps, lotions, and ointments. Applying Aloe Vera on your skin can moisturize the surface along with fighting inflammation and heal bruises. Aloe Vera has salicylic acid and sulfur which are used to make your skin healthy. They are also implemented in expensive treatments.
The salicylic acid can fight inflammation and reduces your acne while sulfur can improve the agility of your skin. However, there is more research needed in the evidence. Apply the gel of aloe vera directly on your skin. Apply it every day to see improvements.
8. Fish Oil Supplements–Fish Oil has good fats known as Omega 3 which has so many health benefits including skin improvement and reduction of acne. Fish Oil can be found in supplements and other diets, but people who do not get much omega 3 fatty acid in their diet are struggling with health problems. The compounds in fish oil can maintain the oil production in your skin and keep your body hydrated which in result can give you healthy skin.
9. Exfoliate Regularly –Exfoliating can be a satisfactory process as if we are literally feeling that all the bacteria and dust is getting removed.
The process of exfoliating involves removing the most part of the outer layer of your skin which are mostly dead skin. You can exfoliate using a brush and special creams that help you exfoliate much easier. The dead skin is clogging the pores me by removing it; you are letting the skin breath.
You should exfoliate once or twice per day.
10. Low Glycemic load Diet –It is very important to have a healthy diet to have healthy skin. Specifically, the diet has a low glycemic load diet.
Studies show that high glycemic load diet leads to an increase in the production of sebum and raises blood sugar. This lead to the production of acne and other skin condition. More research is being held to learn more about diet and acne relation.
So these are the top 10 home remedies for treatment. Anyone can follow these treatments as they can be easily found in all households.