Almost everyone is aware of how a pomegranate is and looks. Let us first see what is exactly is. It is a fruit that is actually from the berry family. Scientifically known as Punica granatum, pomegranate is actually part of a shrub
Pomegranates are very good and healthy for our skin as well as the rest of the body, even internally.
Here is a list of some of the amazing benefits of a pomegranate. It is great for the skin as well as hair and the body.
1.Skin benefits. Anti-aging and brightening: Pomegranate is full of vitamin c and antioxidants. It also helps to get rid of inflammation of the skin and prevents early signs of aging. It can also help treat acne and the dark spots of skin. Because of its vitamin c content, it is also really good to brighten the skin up. Being full of flavonoids and proanthocyanidins, it helps to delay wrinkles and breakouts of the skin. Here is a quick home remedy,
Take 2 tbsp of the powdered peel of the fruit and add 1 tbsp of honey and lemon juice. Make a nice paste of appropriate consistency and use this as a face pack which can be applied both on your face and neck. Make sure to keep it on your face for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off. This helps to brighten the skin up and treat dark spots and pigmentation. It also delays aging. You can use such homemade masks regularly instead of buying expensive face packs.
2. Treating skin issues: omegranate is full of edible seeds, and these also are great to get rid of skin problems. You can make another face pack by simply taking 2 tbsp of pomegranate seeds (crushed) and add a tbsp of haldi (turmeric). Add honey or something else to be able to make a paste out of it and apply it on areas that have severe skin issues. You can also purchase pomegranate seed oil from the market. It is very good for the skin and is said actually to work for problems like eczema and psoriasis. Pomegranate is also helpful while treating melasma. Eating pomegranate daily is also good to prevent inflammation in the body.
3. Healthy Hair: As pomegranate is full of antioxidants, it is also great for strengthening the hair and its follicles. It is also good to improve the circulation of the scalp which also promotes healthy hair. Pomegranate seed oil can be applied to the scalp and hair to treat frizzy hair. Eating the seeds is also good to stimulate the growth of hair. The oil can also be used as a serum to manage the tangling of hair better. It might also help the prevention of hair graying.
4. weight loss and a healthy body: Beauty is not just the face but also the entire body. More than just a thin body, a healthy body is really important to feel beautiful. Obesity is really bad because it can lead to a lot of other diseases, some even life-threatening. Pomegranate seeds and even the leaves of this plant is found to help induce weight loss.
5. beautiful teeth: Pomegranate is said to strengthen gums and fight against the growth of bacteria in the mouth. Pomegranate has antimicrobial properties which curb the growth of such notorious bacteria.
You can take some sun dried pomegranate peels and then make it into a fine powder. Add some salt, around a pinch into this and mix. Use this as a tooth powder and apply over gums as well as teeth. Let this sit in your mouth for a few minutes and then use lukewarm water to gargle and cleanse the mouth. You can even add some pomegranate juice to the water. This will help soothe the gums, reduce the swelling and also prevent the growth of bacteria and plaque-causing germs.
5. control blood pressure: Pomegranate contains punicic acid which is effective to lower cholesterol levels as well as triglycerides and blood pressure.
6. dry skin: omegranate can be great for treating dull skin as well as reduce the roughness of the skin. It is also great to hydrate your skin as the fruit itself is roughly about 80 percent of water.
7. Sun Damage: Due to our work and other life activities, we are exposed to the sun way too much, and it can have adverse effects on our skin especially because of the UV rays. Not just tanning but there are many other changes that will occur in the skin if it is exposed to excessive amounts of sun. Pomegranate contains polyphenols, which are also antioxidants. This aid to protect the skin from different kinds of oxidative damages.
8. Cell Regeneration:Drinking pomegranate juice or even eating the fruit regularly is found to promote cell regeneration and this is because of its antioxidants and phytonutrients. These fight the free radicals that are present in our bodies and protects the epidermis and dermis which are layers of our skin.
9. Pomegranate Peels and Its Benefits: The pomegranate peel though not exactly edible is also full of nutrients that are great for the body. The peel is three times as beneficial as the pulp as it has thrice the number of polyphenols, catechins, gallocatechin, etc. which promote healthy skin, hair and even body. Losing skin elasticity is another problem that comes with aging. Pomegranate peels are useful in preventing the loss of skin elasticity. The peels help to prevent skin collagen from breaking and can actually help to promote the growth of cells.
The peels can also be grounded and can be used to make various skin and body packs. The peels can become natural scrubs and exfoliants. The peels can be sun-dried and then boiled with some water. This can be used to rinse the face. Other than that you can simply drink it to reap maximum benefits. It helps to soothe sore throats and also reduce the cholesterol levels in the body. Drinking it can also help reduce stress and relax your mind and body. Even with women experiencing menopause, this can help to alleviate the symptoms and help relax.
10. Supplements: Various parts of the pomegranate are used to make dietary supplements that can be beneficial for people who do not want to eat the fruit. The peel which is not eaten is generally consumed in this form as it is much more beneficial to the body than the pulp that is actually widely eaten and even drank as juice.
How to create the powdered peel?
It is super easy. Just sundry the peels. Make sure there is not moisture left and then grind the dried peels in a mixer at home, and this can be used to make a concoction for drinking as well as to be mixed with other ingredients to be made a face pack out of. This can be easily stored for around two weeks and used as required.
Pomegranate is used as a key ingredient by various companies and various skin care items. There are sheet masks , serums, oils, facial and body scrubs, and exfoliators, face wash, body washes and much more that use pomegranate as an ingredient, thanks to its wonderful benefits and advantages. There are also many brands coming up with entire skincare ranges that are pomegranate-based.
Using this fruit in simple days and incorporating it into your skincare as well as diet can do wonders for the body and mind.