Testosterone is the main symbol of “Manhood.” Although it is also present in women too, it plays a significant role as the male hormone in male sexuality and reproduction. It is the hormone responsible for regulating the sex drive, bone mass, muscle mass, and strength, etc. to name a few. Due to various reasons, there are men who face the problem of having a low level of testosterone. Here are top 10 tips to boost Testosterone level naturally.
1. Lose Weight: Weight can be one of the main factors affecting the production and release of testosterone in our body. Obese or overweight men are more likely to face problems of low testosterone levels. Body fat contains aromatase, an enzyme that converts testosterone into estrogens, which are the main sex hormones in women. The presence of extra estrogens in the body slows down the production of testosterone.
Losing weight is, therefore, one of the most natural and effective ways to boost the level of testosterone, especially for those men who are overweight. There are several effective ways to lose weight, such as dieting, reducing salt intake, drinking plenty of water, getting adequate sleep, taking lots of vegetables, less calorie intake, engaging in various forms of exercises like cycling, swimming, jogging, etc.
2. Consume Plenty of Zinc: Zinc is an essential dietary mineral which is important for testosterone production. This mineral is also \ required by the body for various purposes such as the proper functioning of the immune system, cell division, break down of food, etc.
It is proven that a deficiency of zinc can result in low level of testosterone. It is suggested to include food rich in zinc such as oysters, beef, lamb, spinach, pumpkin seeds, nuts, pork, chicken, beans, and mushrooms, etc. in your diet.
3. Optimize Your Vitamin D Levels: Vitamin-D is a fat-soluble vitamin and therefore, the most important mineral to boost the testosterone levels in our body. It has also been scientifically proven by researchers that vitamin D supplementation actually boosts testosterone count in overweight men by up to 30
The most common and natural source of Vitamin D is the sunlight. Exposure to sunlight is the best way to optimize your Vitamin D levels and naturally boost your testosterone level. A minimum of 20 minutes exposure to direct sunlight on the skin is required each day, to maintain a normal testosterone level. Apart from sunlight, few herbs like ginseng can boost up the testosterone level.
4. Exercise: Exercise is the next most important thing that can boost up testosterone level in the body. Exercise helps boost out T-level by increasing muscle mass and burning down the body fat resulting in more testosterone production in the body.
Any type of exercises can stimulate the production and release of testosterone. However, there are some specific exercises such as Resistance Training and High-intensity interval training (HIIT), which have been proven to be most effective for stimulating the greatest release of testosterone. It has been proven that the level of testosterone is relatively higher in people who exercise regularly than those who don’t.
5. Avoid excessive intake of Sugar: Sugar may be sweet, but it is infamously known as a ‘white poison.’ It is, therefore, important to avoid excessive intake of sugar as generally leads to insulin resistance, which in turns results in reducing testosterone.
Sugar is one of the most common ingredients of eatables sold in the market, especially in India. It is also present in most of the soft drinks and cool drinks. So, one should be careful to limit consuming such items.
6. Sleep: Along with diet and exercise, sleep is one of the three main essential factors on which our health is heavily dependent. It has been proven that sleep can have a direct impact on the level of testosterone in the body.
Getting adequate sleep can help boost the testosterone level as the body’s circadian rhythm becomes active at night and releases a chemical called cortisol. These steroid hormones are responsible for the overall hormonal balance and also help in preventing low testosterone levels. It has been found that at least 8-9 hours of sleep is required for optimal hormone balance.
7. Reduce Stress: When a person is experiencing a stressful situation, all of his body's resources are forced to react to the immediate threat. As such, all nonurgent requirements of the body are reduced, which includes activities like growth, reproduction, etc.
Accordingly, one of the immediate results of stress is reduced testosterone level drop in men and estrogen in women. One of the most common outcomes of modern lifestyle is chronic stress. It is very important to reduce stress in our day to day living by taking time off from the regular work assignment and engaging in a more lively activity periodically.
8. Eat Healthy Fats: All fats are not be-be avoided. Some fats are beneficial to the body, especially for building testosterone. Some of the poly-unsaturated fats, like those found in avocados and nuts, and other saturated fats are essential for building testosterone.
One should remember that the body requires saturated fats, both from animals and vegetables are optimal functioning, which includes reproduction. Healthy fats such found in olive oil, coconut oil, butter, raw nuts, grass-fed meat, etc. are an important source of testosterone in the body.
9. Avoid plastic (BPA): One of the worst culprits to the declining levels of testosterone is the BisphenolA (BPA), a synthetic chemical often found in various plastic containers. When the plastic container gets heated, the BPA leaches out.
This is often taken into the body along with the water stored in the container, resulting in lowering the levels of testosterone and androstenedione, a precursor to both testosterone and estrogen. One should avoid using plastic bottles and plastic containers to store water or eatables. Instead, stainless steel cups or glass should be used for drinking water and storing food.
10. Avoid Soy: regular consumption of soy foods are believed lower a man's sperm count. There is quite a possibility that soy is also responsible for lowering the level of testosterone in the body. One should, therefore, avoid taking soy.
The given ten tips are the safest and most effective natural remedies to help a man boost his testosterone level and his ‘manly’ confidence.